- Gender: Men's
- Number of Jewels: 7 Jewels
- Model: Cal. 580
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Watch Shape: Round
- Style: Military
- Case Color: Silver Tone
- Case Material: Base Metal
- Movement: Mechanical (Hand-winding)
- Band Material: Genuine Leather
- Water Resistance Rating: Not Water Resistant
- Features: 12-Hour Dial
- Year of Manufacture: 1940-1949
- Case Finish: Gloss
- Band Type: Two-Piece Strap
- MPN: Does Not Apply
- Band Color: Brown
- Age Group: Adult
- Display: Analog
- Lug Width: 16mm
- Brand: Elgin
- Case Size: 36.7mm Lug Tip to Lug Tip, 30.0mm Diameter
- Serial Number: T268706
- Face Color: White
This World War II (1943) Elgin military wristwatch is working fine and keeping time. This is a US Army issued timepiece.
Bezel/Case and Back Cover: round, silver tone base metal, with wear, scratches and brassing mainly on the back surfaces.
The back cover has some very light scratches and is inscribed with "ORD. DEPT., U.S.A., OC-227669."
Dial: white, with luminous style hands, black sub-seconds hand, tan 12-hour dial markers, and outer chapter.
The dial shows some light aging and patina. The luminous material no longer glows.
The bezel/case measures 36.7mm lug tip to lug tip, and 30.0mm wide, excluding crown. The crystal (acrylic) is in excellent condition.
Movement: Elgin, Cal. 580, T263706, 7 jewels, U.S.A. Band: two-piece, brown leather, with a silver-tone buckle.
Unless otherwise stated, all watches I sell are in working condition and ready-to-wear/ready-to-use.
I normally ship within 24 hours after payment, and I always deal on a "buyer comes first" basis.