- Gender: Men's
- Number of Jewels: 7 Jewels
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Switzerland
- Watch Shape: Tonneau/Barrel
- Case Color: Silver
- Style: Diver
- Case Material: Nicholoid
- Movement: Mechanical (Automatic)
- Band Material: Genuine Leather
- Features: 12-Hour Dial
- Year of Manufacture: 1920-1929
- Case Finish: Polished
- Band Type: Two-Piece Strap
- Band Color: Black
- Age Group: Adult
- Display: Analog
- Lug Width: 16.5
- Brand: Elgin
- Case Size: 39mm
- Serial Number: 31105742
- Face Color: Silver
Featured here is a Vintage 1928 Elgin 7 jewel size 3/0 early conversion pocket to wrist watch.
It has a nicholoid early fancy lugged Keystone case # 798717.The silver dial has blue steel spaded hands with black Arabic numbers. The genuine leather band is black gloss with a pebbled design. Weight with band 36.3 grams.
This watch is running but it has not been tested for accuracy. It is unknown the last time is was serviced. There are small scratches on the case and crystal. Back of case shows wear.
For further description please reference the photos. Thank you for looking at our listing.
- Manufacturer Location: Elgin, Illinois
- Movement Serial Number: 31105742
- Grade: 462
- Model: 2
- Estimated Production Year: 1928
- Run Quantity: 25,000
- Total Production: 997,000
- Size: 3/0s
- Jewels: 7j
- Movement Configuration: Hunting
- Movement Finish: Nickel
- Movement Setting: Pendant
- Plate: 3/4 Plate
- Double Roller: Yes
- Barrel: Going
- Balance Type: Expansion
- Balance Jewel Material: Ruby
- Train: Quick
- Regulator: Plain
- Hairspring: Breguet
- Standard Dial Type: Single-Sunk
- Adjusted: No
- Railroad Grade: No
- Case Size: 30mm
- Case Thickness: 12mm
- Hands: Blue Steel Spaded
- Hour Marks: Black Arabic Numbers
- Crystal: Acrylic
- Wrist Size: 8"
- Weight: 36.3g
I do require immediate payment for purchases. If I do not receive payment within 2 days, I will open an unpaid case with eBay. Sorry.
There is Sales tax If you are in Wisconsin. I will not work outside of eBay so do not ask me about it.
I do not sell or ship internationally.
I usually try to ship the next business day after receiving payment but it might take two.
I will add signature required upon request automatically on items over $200 USD.
I am only shipping to confirmed addresses.
Terms of Sale
I restore, collect and sell Jewelry, Watches and Antiques that are in excellent condition
and scrap those that are not. I obtain articles from number of sources including
Auctions, flea markets, pawn shops, collectors, estate sales, etc.